This is an ongoing class. Students will choose the projects that they would like to do with the guidance of instructor. Projects that are fun and skill based will be suggested. Additionally, students will be putting together a sample portfolio of different sewing techniques that can be used as reference for future projects.
- First class of new month will be devoted to starting sample portfolio and choosing projects.
- Field Trip the first Saturday of the month for those students who need guidance in fabric selection.
Skill-based Project Suggestions: Students have the option to choose their own projects. (*) Indicates easier projects.
- *Peasant blouse/sleepwear
- *Leggings (knit fabric)
- *Maxi Skirt (knit fabric)
- *T-shirt (knit fabric)
- *Shorts or PJ Bottoms (knit or cotton/flannel)
- *Lined Tote Bag
- Gathered Apron
- Ruffled Bag
- Craft Apron
- Quilted Sewing Mat
- Decorative Pillow w/zipper
- Messenger Bag
- Duffle Bag
- Clutch bag w/zipper
- Skirt with pockets, darts, waistband/facings and zipper
- Shirts with collars, facings and/or sleeves
- Button-down shirt with collar, sleeves, with or w/o cuffs
- Fleece Hoodies with pockets and zipper
- Your choice of pattern or project not listed here