Adult Sewing 101Beginning Sewing Skills for Adults
All projects are skill-based in which to build your sewing confidence. It is the intent of instructor to work with students to complete projects during the course. Students will have “sewing” homework and will finish between 3 – 4 projects during course. This class will move at a faster pace than the Sewing 101 course.
Only open to 15 years and older | 2-hour classes | Maximum class size of 4 students | *2-student minimum | Cost is $95 for 4-class course, which includes a $15 one-time registration fee | Check registration page for class time and dates | Private classes are not currently offered.
Classroom instruction will include the following:
- Learn how to use basic sewing equipment, understand their functions and correct safety procedures.
- Learn about basic pressing equipment, functions and correct safety procedures.
- Identify basic fibers and characteristics.
- Discuss terminology of woven fabrics and how fabric construction affects fabric selection.
- Learn how to read pattern envelopes and guidesheets/instructions for pre-construction skills at the beginning level.
- Learn and practice construction techniques.
- Construct project using basic sewing techniques.
Sewing machines are provided for classroom instruction. However, students are welcomed to bring their own machines.
- Tote Bag (a homework assignment to help you become proficient in sewing a straight stitch!)
- Drawstring bag
- Lined bag
- A-line Skirt with elastic casing waistband
- Pajama Pants with elastic casing waistband
To Do List:
Print off your material list for Adult Sewing 101 [Click here].
Purchase a Sewing Supply Kit from Savvy Chix [Click here to purchase] or on your own