Material ListSewing 201
This is an ongoing class. Students will choose the projects that they would like to do with the guidance of instructor. Projects that are fun and skill based will be suggested. Additionally, students will be putting together a sample portfolio of different sewing techniques that can be used as reference for future projects.
- First class of new session will be devoted to starting sample portfolio and choosing projects they want to do. A material list will be given at that time dependent on their project selection.
- Field Trip the first Saturday of the month for those students who need a little guidance in choosing fabrics
Skill-based Project Suggestions
Students have the option to choose their own projects. (*) Indicates easier projects.
- *Peasant blouse
- *Leggings (knit fabric)
- *Maxi Skirt (knit fabric)
- *T-shirt (knit fabric)
- *Shorts or PJ Bottoms
- *Lined Tote Bag
- Gathered Apron
- Ruffled Bag
- Craft Apron
- Quilted Sewing Mat
- Decorative Pillow w/zipper
- Messenger Bag
- Clutch bag w/zipper
- Skirt with pockets, darts, waistband/facings and zipper
- Shirts with collars, facings and/or sleeves
- Button-down shirt with collar, sleeves, with or w/o cuffs
- Fleece Hoodies with pockets and zipper
- You choice of pattern or project not listed here