Adult Sewing Classes – Open to 15 years and older | Classes are 2 hours long | Maximum class size of 4 students | *2-student minimum | Cost is $135 for 6-class course , which includes $15 one-time registration fee | Cost is $105 for 4-class course, which includes $15 one-time registration fee
Sewing Machines are provided. Binders with sewing and project information are provided.
Classroom instruction will include the following:
- Learn how to use basic sewing equipment, understand their functions and correct safety procedures.
- Learn about basic pressing equipment, functions and correct safety procedures.
- Identify basic fibers and characteristics.
- Discuss terminology of woven fabrics and how fabric construction affects fabric selection.
- Learn how to read pattern envelopes and guidesheets/instructions for pre-construction skills at the beginning level.
- Learn and practice construction techniques.
- Construct project using basic sewing techniques.